The Business Analyst will report to and work directly with the Director of Partnerships and New Business. He/She, in close collaboration with the Junior Intervention Manager, will help GROW to expand its programme portfolio by conducting primary research and analyzing market systems, developing sector strategies, designing interventions, and interacting with potential partners. He/She will also work with the MRM Market Analyst and Junior Portfolio Manager to analyze the prospective 'cost-benefit' of intervening to improve market functioning. The role will require technical skills in market systems analysis and intervention design, and strong critical thinking skills to drive the development of projects from concept to full design.
GROW is a market systems development programme, tasked with designing and implementing initiatives in line with the M4P approach. The Business Analyst will be expected to increasingly familiarize themselves with the approach during their induction and work within the approach in the course of their employment.
The Business Analyst, working directly with the Director of Partnership and New Business and close collaboration with Junior Portfolio Manager (JPM) will be responsible for:
· Supporting the Director of Partnership & New Business in Grow’s portfolio development efforts by conducting developing project concept notes based upon initial market studies and the identification of new opportunities either from within existing projects or in new business areas;
· Supporting more detailed research and the investigation of opportunities that pass concept stage, taking initiatives from concept through to a full market systems analysis;
· Work collaboratively with colleagues to develop sector strategies and intervention design documents; Work collaboratively with the MRM (Monitoring & Results Management) team to identify data needs as interventions are designed and analyse data as interventions are undertaken;
· Analysing the business models of specific market players - either as part of research and market analysis or as an input into partnership selection;
· In collaboration with the Market Analyst (from the Portfolio Team), and on a needs basis, support the financial modelling of programme partner products/services, as they relate to specific market interventions;
· Supporting the preparation of documents and/or reports as needed to assist with internal decision making, meetings, communications with stakeholders and partners, and reporting to GROW's donors;
· Support the preparation of material and presentations to promote GROW’s services; and
· Carrying out additional position-related duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Director for Partnership and New Business or other members of the Senior Management Team.