Location: Monrovia, Liberia
Start Date: January 2016
Reports to: Portfolio Managers
Remuneration: USD 75.00 daily
The Junior Portfolio Manager (JPM) will report to and work directly with the Senior Portfolio Managers. He/She, in close collaboration with the Senior Portfolio Managers and Market Analyst, will develop and execute intervention plans to attain required impact targets. The Junior Portfolio Manager will work in relevant sectors, as needed, with a focus on value chains, supporting markets, and enabling environment issues in a chosen operational area.
The role will require experience in agriculture, business management and processes, and strong critical thinking skills to drive portfolio growth, energy, a “can do” attitude and the ability to work as a collaborative team member.
Tasks and Responsibilities
The Junior Portfolio Manager, working directly with the Senior Portfolio Managers, will be responsible for:
· Developing a sound understanding of facilitation-based interventions in relevant sectors and their supporting markets, including demonstrating clear understanding of market opportunities for smallholder farmers;
· Identifying market opportunities with a clear benefit to poor women, men and youth that fit within GROW's Portfolio Development Strategy;
· Conducting industry and market research, and assisting the Portfolio Manager in GROW's portfolio development efforts;
· Participating in the research and development of new business areas, and also the design of strategies in new business areas;
· Contributing to the development of intervention plans, activity plans, work plans, budgets, and other necessary intervention management documents, as needed;
· Engaging diverse market actors, developing partnerships, delivering partnership activities and acting as a professional and credible voice for the program;
· Contributing to the ongoing analysis of markets and market systems relevant to interventions, including documenting and analysing observations and results, as well as drawing relevant conclusions to inform future Intervention strategies;
· Participating in monitoring progress of assigned interventions and delivery against results chains, including updates to Intervention Management template;
· Developing a sound understanding of facilitative interventions and supporting the Senior Portfolio Manager and Senior Management Team to develop interventions in new business areas;
· Support the preparation of material and presentations to promote GROW;
· Carrying out additional position-related duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Senior Portfolio Manager.