The Agriculture Education Advisor will have over-all responsibility for the implementation of activities to establish a Center of Excellence for Agriculture within the CU College of Agriculture and Sustainable Development (CASD). She/he will serve as a member of the CASD faculty and work closely with his/her counterparts at CU to progress all project activities. Specifically, the Agriculture Education Advisor will be responsible for:
· Overall project management of the CU EHELD activity
· Providing advice on and oversight of newly implemented curricula and course development for CASD
· Advising on the development of laboratory facilities, implementation of a student-led farm and strategic outreach activity at CASD
· Teaching 3-6 hours per week at CU each semester, preferably in Plant, Soil or Animal Science
· Developing scopes of work for visiting professors and other resource persons
· Coordinating procurement and training, and activities in support of CU CASD program development
The successful applicant will have experience in the implementation, and management of academic programs and facilities in agriculture in addition to knowledge of laboratory management and instrumentation. He/She must be able to develop coherent linkages between academic training, extension, and outreach. He/She must also be a strategic thinker with a proven ability to work successfully in extremely under-resourced environments. Strong candidates will exhibit excellent practical, management, organizational, and interpersonal skills.